Michael Chandler - C - NW FLorida JUCO - Indianapolis, IN - OREGON

• 315 replies

Poison

Re: Michael Chandler - C - Lawrence North - Indianapolis, IN
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 01:28:31 PM »
What happened to the first two schools he was going to?

Wods317

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 01:45:10 PM »
This guy changes his list everyday. There was nothing specific I read that made him de-commit from either school. I have also read in a few places he will probably not be eligible. He seems like a good player and we could use his size but he seems to change his list all the time.

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 02:07:15 PM »
This guy changes his list everyday. There was nothing specific I read that made him de-commit from either school. I have also read in a few places he will probably not be eligible. He seems like a good player and we could use his size but he seems to change his list all the time.
Immense natural talent, but also plenty of red flags
Caveat emptor

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 03:57:56 PM »
his game reminds me of rick jackson
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 05:01:00 PM »
I don't know if I want a kid on my team that tells his fans to download all of Gucci Mane's songs...he is god awful as a rapper...

JK...about wanting him on the team, he is a putrid rapper.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 05:06:54 PM »
Didn't Greg Oden go to Lawrence North HS?

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 05:23:08 PM »
his game reminds me of rick jackson
I liked Jackson in hs and thought he'd be a really steady college 4, but this kid is more athletic. He's got an above-average array of post moves, but his game has frankly stalled over the past two years. As far as remaining prospects go, this kid is the walking definition of a "high risk/high reward" player.

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 05:26:13 PM »
Didn't Greg Oden go to Lawrence North HS?
Yes, he and Mike Conley were teammates there.
NBA journeyman Eric Montross also played there.

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 08:04:33 PM »
they could use another big man i hope him or pelle wont mind coming off the bench

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 04:39:41 AM »
Or Pelle starting at PF & Chandler at C, this the big east.
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

Marillac

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2010, 06:25:39 PM »
Lavin has landed almost every kid he went hard after.  He has momentum, engergy, and confidence on his side to land Chandler.

You want to play in the best city in the world, in the world's most famous arena, in the best basketball conference in college basketball, in the number one recruiting class in the country?  Oh yeah, and we only have one guy that can play the five on the roster, so there will be nothing in your way of minutes.

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2010, 11:36:32 AM »
A guy who is dialed into IU (who was previously recruiting Chandler) summarized his recruitment as follows on another public board:

I'll let you form your own opinion.

1. He committed to Louisville.
2. He committed to Xavier.
3. His academics are atrocious.
4. He's represented by Reggie Rose.
5. He thinks he's closer to one-and-done vs the more likely 3-year player.
6. He placed a phone call to a school's verbal/now signed commitments hoping to convince them to help him get in with that school.
7. He kept saying he was setting up visits to schools except those schools weren't aware of the visit.
8. Check out his twitter page sometime if you ever get bored. Holy cow.
9. Indiana isn't recruiting him.
10. He's now supposedly interested in going with Boatright to UConn.
11. I'd be shocked if he's ever eligible. Maybe JUCO

Wods317

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2010, 11:56:50 AM »
A guy who is dialed into IU (who was previously recruiting Chandler) summarized his recruitment as follows on another public board:

I'll let you form your own opinion.

1. He committed to Louisville.
2. He committed to Xavier.
3. His academics are atrocious.
4. He's represented by Reggie Rose.
5. He thinks he's closer to one-and-done vs the more likely 3-year player.
6. He placed a phone call to a school's verbal/now signed commitments hoping to convince them to help him get in with that school.
7. He kept saying he was setting up visits to schools except those schools weren't aware of the visit.
8. Check out his twitter page sometime if you ever get bored. Holy cow.
9. Indiana isn't recruiting him.
10. He's now supposedly interested in going with Boatright to UConn.
11. I'd be shocked if he's ever eligible. Maybe JUCO

Thats a fair observation I think. He seems to be a very good player but I have a ton of question about him off the court. He de-committed from both of these schools with no reasoning really behind it and he has a new list of schools almost daily. Add that to the fact he has academic issues and I think we have enough to stay away from this kid. Theres clearly a reason teams are backing off of him and I don't think we need that type of headache given all the positive press we have right now.

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2010, 11:25:48 AM »
Per Zags....

Keefer said he hadn’t heard anything about St. John’s and insisted that hometown IU “is still in there.”

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/12/07/chandler-recruitment-remains-in-flux/

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 03:50:59 PM »
Michael Chandler
(Indianapolis, Ind./Lawrence North)
2011, C, 6-11, 235 pounds
The former Louisville and Xavier commit was very aggressive on the offensive end of the floor right from the tip. He ran the floor well and consistently scored in the low post with middle turn shots from both low blocks, at times through contact. Chandler was also a factor on the offensive glass, where he had some powerful putbacks. Defensively, Chandler rebounded and contested shots he did not block in his area. His game has really benefited from dropping 20 pounds and he finished with 24 points and 12 rebounds in a 92-78 win over Scott County (Ky.). Chandler is being aggressively recruited by St. John's, Oregon, UConn, Indiana and Kentucky.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=5914615

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 05:50:23 PM »
i like the fact we dont have a set sarting 5 now cus he uses the senior depth to mix and match and lavin will be able to do that next year even better with the more talented freshman especially if chandler comes

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2010, 12:09:35 AM »
if chandler comes do we have a single flaw on paper..i know they will be freshmen and will have to prove their rankings true but the class has guards, wings, bigs, shooters, defenders, shotblockers, and they are all long and athletic as they come
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 01:32:11 AM »
if chandler comes do we have a single flaw on paper..i know they will be freshmen and will have to prove their rankings true but the class has guards, wings, bigs, shooters, defenders, shotblockers, and they are all long and athletic as they come
well on paper we dont the only thing maybe u can argue nurideen isnt a pure pg but thats about it i mean even without chandler it would be the same thing cus we have pelle and meikle has size they dont really need to be big as theyll be long and athletic and great for the zone D also we have jevon coming in 2012 who will be amazing in this system everyone will get good minutes there will be a lot of created mismatches cus of the versatility of each of these players

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2010, 02:11:05 PM »
Dang, folks! Let's use some periods and other punctuation!

I don't think we know the teams' flaws until we see the recruits on the court against Division I talent. Not that he won't get better, but remember that surefire star Harrison Barnes is struggling at UNC. Lots of guys can't be the monsters they were in high school on the college level, and this applies more often to centers.